Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folio Builder Panel did not show up

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have few question regarding Indesign folio builder. In my Indesign, there is folio builder, but when I clicked it, it didn't show up the panel, and i try to on and off my mac , still the same(hereby I attached an image of print screen of the Indesign)Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.05.17 AM.png. I'm not sure whether it needs plug in or what, so I down loaded the DPS tools(AEM Mobile package), but it require Mac os 10.9, my company Mac is version 10.8.5, so it won't work(I'm told not to update the mac system). Is there any other way??

Then i found the AEM Mobile Desktop Tool, I tried to install it but showed up like this Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 10.36.57 AM.png

Could anyone please tell me what happened.

Thank you and appreciate who can help me.

Thanks again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't tell us what InDesign version you have installed. Please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about that, my version is Indesign CS6 version 8.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Publishing Suite has been dropped by Adobe and has been replaced by AEM, which is only really affordable by large corporations and large publishers. Mobile app development and management platform | AEM Mobile - Adobe Experience Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that CS6 is not compatible with the current and very expensive AEM Mobile platform.

The old Digital Publishing Suite was dropped a few years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old DPS tools, AFAIK, should still work with CS6 and were pulled from InDesign beginning with CC2015.

That said, it is a legacy service that has no free support. However, if your computer does not meet the minimum (and in this case, maximum) requirements, you're not going to be able to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobLevine  wrote

The old DPS tools, AFAIK, should still work with CS6…

FWIW: … as long as one did not update Adobe Air through the Application Manager.
An update of Adobe Air would disable the DPS Desktop Viewer App, because that viewer app requires Adobe Air and is not compatible anymore with newer versions of Adobe Air.

Better look into solutions like Twixl Publisher perhaps…

One tool for content creation, app building and distribution

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, but the iOS, Android and Windows 10 versions (not the desktop/AIR version, the version available in the Windows Store) still work. Everything still works and it’s still free to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any clue which Version V33 or does it need below? And how Low Checkin for 

https://airsdk.harman.com/download

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html

achin me this whole issue that they droped it...

Thankful for any Input.

Almost 10 years passed since DPS, hope there while be some single edition SUITE for small Puplishers in future. Especially the App function was 

awesome.

Subscribe for the CLOUD is just a pain

th.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in5 is the closest you will get to the old DPS functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default0sfwqoa7nzqo,

you still can look into the Twixel solution.

Or you could go for In5 for InDesign.

As far as I can see InDesign is supported with CS6 version 8 and all higher versions:

https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/

What's your version of InDesign on what operating system?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines