Highlighted

Font deactivated causing background task to hang

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font 'Whitman' was recently deactivated by Adobe and I "find/change font" replaced it with an alternative. Background tasks are now continually searching for Whitman and although the font is no longer in my document I can't clear the alerts. I want to stop the rotating icon and clear background tasks.

Can anyone advise?

solved - I quit and rebooted - sorry everyone

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bevi_Chagnon___PubCom | Adobe Community Professional

Thanks for letting us know.

Suggestion: when using InDesign's Find/Replace Font utility, check the option to change all instances of the old font, including in Character and Paragraph styles: Redefine Style When Changing All.

This can help reduce the number of notices you receive about the font being missing.

Topics

Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font deactivated causing background task to hang

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font 'Whitman' was recently deactivated by Adobe and I "find/change font" replaced it with an alternative. Background tasks are now continually searching for Whitman and although the font is no longer in my document I can't clear the alerts. I want to stop the rotating icon and clear background tasks.

Can anyone advise?

solved - I quit and rebooted - sorry everyone

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bevi_Chagnon___PubCom | Adobe Community Professional

Suggestion: when using InDesign's Find/Replace Font utility, check the option to change all instances of the old font, including in Character and Paragraph styles: Redefine Style When Changing All.

This can help reduce the number of notices you receive about the font being missing.

Topics

Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines