Highlighted

Font Error when packaging files in InDesign

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all -

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with a font dropping out once an InDesign file has been packaged? The font I am using is a Google Font, EB Garamond, and the italic version drops out once I package the files. The weird part is it says that the text is still Italic when you look at the Character panel but it is reverting to Regular. I have never encountered this before and it just started happening when I updated to the 2021 version of InDesign. Is anyone else encountering any font packaging issues?

Thanks in advance,

Laura

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font Error when packaging files in InDesign

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all -

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with a font dropping out once an InDesign file has been packaged? The font I am using is a Google Font, EB Garamond, and the italic version drops out once I package the files. The weird part is it says that the text is still Italic when you look at the Character panel but it is reverting to Regular. I have never encountered this before and it just started happening when I updated to the 2021 version of InDesign. Is anyone else encountering any font packaging issues?

Thanks in advance,

Laura

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS? Does it happen with a specific file or all? Is this issue related to a specific font?

This information would help us understand your concern & assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh -

So far it is occurring with about 5 greeting card InDesign files that all include the italic version of the EB Garamond font. You can see in the screenshot below that the font is saying it is Italic in the character panel but it is dropping out to Regular. I am on version 10.15.7 MacOS Catalina.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 12.59.01 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0