• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font goes missing when exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing for one of my users. I am not an InDesign person and have no idea how it works, so excuse me if my description is not the best.

A user is using the Didot font family in an indesign document. The file has 0 errors before exporting to PDF.

When the user exports a specific document into a PDF it comes back with a font error that Didot Italic has gone missing, and it changes all instances of it to the default font.

The PDF still exports properly, and if they close Indesign and reopen it, it comes back just fine and says there are no errors.

They dont have this problem with other documents that are also using the Didot Italic font. It is just this one document.

Does anyone have any advice on what is going on here?

The user has also accidentally activated the Didot LT Pro font family in their Adobe fonts. Not sure if it's related, or just a coincidence. Didot LT Pro works perfectly fine, but we need to be able to package any fonts we use, to send to the printer.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please check out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/package-font-files.html to know about font packaging.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the printer say why they need the package? Most workflows use PDF these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a similar issue with inDesign 15.0.3 2020. I have InDesign 14.03 also installed but I do not have the issue in that version. Seems related the Document Fonts folder when you're working on a packaged Indesign document. 

Reiterating, this is not a missing font that goes undiscovered until PDF export, the document has 0 preflight errors while working on the file and the font exists and is in the Document Fonts folder for the document, but when exporting PDF (and probably some other actions), while the export is still working in the background, suddenly a popup appears saying there are missing fonts. In my case Bodoni 72 Bold, Chalkboard, and Noteworthy Bold all were missing and preflight suddenly showed 9 errors on the document. All of these are .ttc fonts (TrueType Collection) that are found in the Document Fonts folder for the document in question. 
Saving / closing the document and reopening results in returning to 0 errors.
Does InDesign 15 have an issue reading .ttc font files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue with Adobe Indesign 2020 (15.1.1) with the font Helvetica Neue (.ttc). For some reason it keeps giving me errors. Sometimes it works for a week, but then all of a sudden after I export a file it starts giving missing font errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the same issue with Helvetica Neue. Keep giving me the same error after I export a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines