• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font is not changing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I try to change the font in Paragraph Style, it does not change the font, it only changes the other options like size, leading, tracking, etc. I've tried with many different fonts, so I don't think the font is missing, and when I select the text and change the font individually it works.

I also believe this happens only when the text is too long, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

inDesignHelp.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

You have multiple problems in your styles:

1. The “subtitle 20 pt” style is set up with another font (Noto Serif Lao) and you (or someone else) has manually applied the Rubik font (see the little + sign on the paragraph panel ? and on the character panel also)
  2. There is an “Italic body text” which is applied to the text and this character style is set with a third font (Source sans Italic Semibold) and has been also manually overriden.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-28 à 19.11.34.jpg

To fix this, just go in the paragraph panel and right click o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if there is not a character style inadvertently applied over the text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Reply. Just checked here, there is no style applied over the text. Is it possible that the styles overlap? Like if I select the same line twice, does this have any effect?

NotSelected.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that the styles overlap?

No, you cannot apply 2 different paragraph styles to the same paragraph. Check the nested styles and the GREP styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Well, I checked and there are no Nested Styles, and Grep Styles applied. I'm gonna duplicate the file and try to create another TextFrame to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file? Or just a part of it, even with lorem ipsum text if there are confidential parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have multiple problems in your styles:

1. The “subtitle 20 pt” style is set up with another font (Noto Serif Lao) and you (or someone else) has manually applied the Rubik font (see the little + sign on the paragraph panel ? and on the character panel also)
  2. There is an “Italic body text” which is applied to the text and this character style is set with a third font (Source sans Italic Semibold) and has been also manually overriden.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-28 à 19.11.34.jpg

To fix this, just go in the paragraph panel and right click on the “ subtitle 20 pt” style > redefine the style (or something equivalent, I have a French version) and remove the unnecessary character style

Capture d’écran 2021-01-28 à 19.12.58.jpg

Capture d’écran 2021-01-28 à 19.21.22.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2021-01-28 à 19.24.12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! You are a genius! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to having be able to help you. And check all the styles, I had a very quick look at your file and I bet that there is the same problem somewhere else. Check also the language, it seems that your styles are set up in English, you should use Portuguese (there is also a Potugueses Brazilian option, I don't know which one fits your text) to get a proper hyphenation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a demo if needed

https://youtu.be/Gi_zwzaCj6o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a 25pt font on 13pt leading -- that's going to cause a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to change this now, and it didn't work, unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines