I'm updating a document in inDesign and my client just sent me an updated version of the font that is being used. So I installed it, but inDesign kept using the old version. So I deleted all the fonts and installed only the new one. In Font Book it showed the correct version, but when I updated the fonts in my inDesign file it didn't show the new version.
When I created a new document in inDesign and used the new font, it did show the new version of the font. Now I could create a new document and start over, but the file is interactive and contains a lot of pages so that would not be ideal to do.
Does anyone know how to fix this font issue?
I know this is a simple question but did you try the find and replace font? This sounds like a problem I came across before and that seem to clear it.
What do you mean by "new version"? Different format? Different name? ... or?
I ment that the design agency from my client delivered a new version of the font, but as the font had exactly the same name as the older version, it gave me this issue. I already solved it.
What happend is that I deleted the old font in my "font book" and installed the new version of the font. When I search and replaced the fonts in my inDesign doc. It kept showing the old version of the font that I deleted in my "font book". So I openend a new inDesign doc and started typing and hear the font was showing the new version. So I knew it had to be something with the previous doc.
So what I found out is that I packed it for agency use back in the days when this file was finalized. So now that I opened it to change the font, it kept finding a connection with the "document fonts" folder that was created with packaging the inDesign files back in the days. So when I deleted this "documents fonts" folder. InDesign was forced to use the new version from my "font book". I never knew that the "document fonts" folder could have influence on my document fonts. I thought it would only use the fonts that are installed, but apparently the "documents fonts" folder contains some sort of info that makes my inDesign file show the previous version of the font.
long story, but you never know if someone bumps into this issue, then it might be helpful!
and thanks for offering your help 👍🏻
This ability to load fonts from a packaged "Documents Fonts" folder automatically has pretty much slipped by most people, and it certainly wasn't on my mind when I responded.
Glad you figured it out. Cheers!