• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font management

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a graphic designer I use a font management system. Unfortunately it is not (anymore) possible to delete the endless list of unnecessary fonts at MacOs Catalina. When using the Adobe programs (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), the terribly long list of (unnecessary) fonts now appears. In this list,

I have to find my activated letter fonts. Very annoying!

Is it really not possible to remove or hide that list of Mac fonts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you use for font management? I use Font Explorer X Pro, and it does allow me to deactivate system fonts. Running Mojave I have over 1,100 system fonts. I don’t know how many are actually system fonts, but that is the number currently considered System Fonts in the program. Most of them are deactivated, and as far as I know this has not caused any hardship.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I used for a longtime Suitcase Fusion. And shortly I started using RightFont. My question to you: when you deactivate the system fonts in Font Explorer, are they invisible in the list of fonts in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines