Highlighted

font problem - thorne normal

Explorer ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, if anyone can help with this.

font is thorne normal (I can supply) -

I have attached the screen shot, when I use this font no matter what I try, the text will sit at the bottom of a large text frame. This is the only way I can get it to fit within it, ie making the frame very large. If I have a small text frame it will not show, say at 32pt for example

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

Set the Text Frame Options’ First Baseline Offset to something other than Ascent. It has no lowercase so Cap Height should work

Screen Shot.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

font problem - thorne normal

Explorer ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, if anyone can help with this.

font is thorne normal (I can supply) -

I have attached the screen shot, when I use this font no matter what I try, the text will sit at the bottom of a large text frame. This is the only way I can get it to fit within it, ie making the frame very large. If I have a small text frame it will not show, say at 32pt for example

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

Set the Text Frame Options’ First Baseline Offset to something other than Ascent. It has no lowercase so Cap Height should work

Screen Shot.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. It seems the font contains some (very!) bad values for its dimensions, but this is the first time I see one mis-behaving in such an unpredictable way. If I create a new document and add a text box with this font, I get the deviant behaviour you report; however, if I add it to an existing document, everything behaves normally!

It must have to do something with the bad font metrics, so best contact the foundry where you acquired it and report these problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is odd it happens on all my text frames

ughhh.

thank you for looking though

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
BenjiL LATEST
Explorer ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhh my

that is a serious THANK YOU

I would never ever have found that.

appreciate your help, big time saver.....  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines