Highlighted

Font Variant Disappeared

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a doc for several weeks, and have a heading style the uses the Source Sans Pro (OTF) Semibold font.  Today, for no apparent reason, the Semibold variant is no longer available and I get the dreaded pink font-missing highlight.  If I swap to Source Sans Pro (TT) then I can reapply Semibold.

Anyone have an idea what I might have done to "lose" a font variant?

Thx...

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Font Variant Disappeared

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a doc for several weeks, and have a heading style the uses the Source Sans Pro (OTF) Semibold font.  Today, for no apparent reason, the Semibold variant is no longer available and I get the dreaded pink font-missing highlight.  If I swap to Source Sans Pro (TT) then I can reapply Semibold.

Anyone have an idea what I might have done to "lose" a font variant?

Thx...

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe app are you using? I assume you're using Indesign but could also be Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC

Aditional info: Only Semibold disappeared. Light, Regular and Bold are still available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving your query to the correct community 'InDesign', experts here will be able to help you out better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timo,

did you load the missing font from the Adobe Fonts Service?
What's your version of InDesign? What's your operating system?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same problem but with another typeface, Effra, which I use as an adobe font. In my case it's for example the Light, Medium and Heavy fonts that are missing. When I check Adobe Fonts, they're still all active.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm using Indesign CC and use Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timo and kakform:

InDesign CC

InDesign CC has 8 versions, ranging from InDesign CC (v9) to InDesign CC 2020 (v15) with patches for all 8 versions. The current version is 15.1.2. Please let us know exactly which version you are each using. 

Have you tried signing out of the CC Desktop app and back in?

Are you using a font manager?

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked, just signing out and then back in. Thank you!

I have the latest version but I guess that doesn't matter now that it worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 1
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news, @kakform!

@TimoLT, let us know if that works for you, as well. 

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello (and thanks for all your help):

I am running InDesign CC 15.1.2 x64 on Win 10 v2004.  No other font manager that I am aware of.

If I open CC Desktop and look at active fonts, it lists Light, Regular, Semibold and Bold for Source Sans Pro.

After signing out from CC, rebooting and signing back in, CC Desktop still lists the four variants for Source Sans Pro.

BUT, when I open my .INDD file now, I get a Missing Fonts message say that Source Sans Pro (OTF) Bold, Regular and Light are now missing. The doc is now covered with the dreaded pink Font Missing highlight.  In the font selector field, the font now shows as [Source Sans Pro (OTF)] along with all of the variants in [].  If I switch to Source Sans Pro (TT), there are 12 variants available.  But I really don't want to go back thru the whole doc and reset fonts.

So, I lost the rest of that font set 😞

Suggestions?

thx...  Timo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
TimoLT LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, some more data...

In CC Desktop, I deactivated Source Sans Pro, which cleared the four variant listed. Then I browsed to Adobe and activated SSP for all 12 variants available. Then I signed out and signed back in.

NOW, when I open the .INDD, the pink highlights are gone and the existing text displays the appropriate font variant as was originally created (in SSP (OTF)).  BUT, if I type new text, the only variants I can select for SSP (OTF) are ExtraLight and ExtraLight Italic (??)

Existing text is OK, but I can't edit or add in anything other than ExtraLight.

So, InDesign is still VERY confused about SSP (OTF).  SSP (TT) still works fine...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0