• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footnotes Disappear when Vectorizing Main Text

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I vectorize (outline) my main text in the doc, my footnotes completely disappear. Even when I move around the borders of the main text. I also just updated my InDesign program – but unfortunately only the 14.0.3 version is compatible with my comp. This problem is urgent! Trying to get a project out to a printer and on a deadline! Does anyone know how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Converting text to outline is not standard procedure (and should typically be avoided unless there's a good reason). Is there a specific reason you're doing that? Can't you make a PDF with leaving the text as text?

Here's a good article to read about this subject https://indesignsecrets.com/converting-text-to-outlines-the-right-way.php

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting text to outline is not standard procedure (and should typically be avoided unless there's a good reason). Is there a specific reason you're doing that? Can't you make a PDF with leaving the text as text?

Here's a good article to read about this subject https://indesignsecrets.com/converting-text-to-outlines-the-right-way.php

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending the doc to a risograph printer who requires the text to be vectorized unfortunately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then follow the instructions in the InDesign article I posted above and that should work. 

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines