footnotes in two columns

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a page with one-column text, how can I insert footnotes in two columns

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Chad Chelius | Adobe Community Professional

Hmmm. Typically users are trying to do the opposite. That is to say have footnotes appear in one column when the text is in two columns. There's no way I can think of to do this. The footnote will always be inserted into the frame in which the footnote reference is inserted. You can have the footnotes span two columns but not split the footnotes into two columns of a single column frame.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

footnotes in two columns

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a page with one-column text, how can I insert footnotes in two columns

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Chad Chelius | Adobe Community Professional

Hmmm. Typically users are trying to do the opposite. That is to say have footnotes appear in one column when the text is in two columns. There's no way I can think of to do this. The footnote will always be inserted into the frame in which the footnote reference is inserted. You can have the footnotes span two columns but not split the footnotes into two columns of a single column frame.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 26, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2018 1
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After two years, is there still no answer in relation to this issue: two column footnotes in a single column text page?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nikitas6C1C:

No, this has not changed.

You can log a feature request here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 0