Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footnotes missing after importing the text from Word file to InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I lost all of a sudden some of my footnotes. I linked a word document and at first it worked fine. Today, I lost my first few footnotes, but the last few are still imported. 

I tried to reimport the word document, but it didnt change anything. In the editor window (cmd+y) they are also missing.

Can you help me?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi Luis,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I would request if you could try creating a copy of the Word file and import into a new InDesign file and see how it goes.
Here is a video tutorial you may refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxfQCM86yjg

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions, we'd be glad to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I got it to work, after I exported the word document as an .rtf. This solved all the problems. But thanks for your help, it will help me next time I work with indesign.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confusing.  A linked Word document is not imported, it's just loaded. Also, where's the connection between the Word document and your foot notes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luis,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I would request if you could try creating a copy of the Word file and import into a new InDesign file and see how it goes.
Here is a video tutorial you may refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxfQCM86yjg

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions, we'd be glad to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

Thanks for your reply. I got it to work, after I exported the word document as an .rtf. This solved all the problems. But thanks for your help, it will help me next time I work with indesign.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines