Highlighted

Footnotes weirdly placed in reflowable ePub

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using InDesign 15.1.2 exporting a single file to EPUB (reflowable). The file has footnotes throughout. When I review the exported file in Apple Books and Kindle Preview 3 the footnotes are in groupings at the end of every few chapters. This seems weird to me. I created sections for each chapter hoping the footnotes would be at the end of each chapter. I tried converting all of the footnotes to endnotes but this broke the interactivity. The links no longer worked even though the footnotes were all at the end of the document. Any ideas? Thank you.

Topics

EPUB, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Footnotes weirdly placed in reflowable ePub

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using InDesign 15.1.2 exporting a single file to EPUB (reflowable). The file has footnotes throughout. When I review the exported file in Apple Books and Kindle Preview 3 the footnotes are in groupings at the end of every few chapters. This seems weird to me. I created sections for each chapter hoping the footnotes would be at the end of each chapter. I tried converting all of the footnotes to endnotes but this broke the interactivity. The links no longer worked even though the footnotes were all at the end of the document. Any ideas? Thank you.

Topics

EPUB, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?