• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Force a single choice between a group of interactive buttons (export interactive PDF)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm creating an interactvive PDF from Indesign and I have multiple intstances thoughout the form where I have a group on radio buttons that I want to have only one selection able to be chosen. Like male/female, ethnicity, perfered method of contact, etc...

When I export tyhe interactive PDF, all options are selectable.

I'm pretty sure most of you will know what I mean but I've attached a screenshot...

Can anyone provide a bit insight on how to acomplishg this? Thanks all.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

The key to mutual exclusivity in radio buttons is remember this phrase: same name, unique values

Using contact as an example, you might have three radio buttons: one for email, one for text, one for snail mail. All three need to have the same name, i.e., contact. Each button needs too have a different value, i.e., email, text, post.

~Barb

button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key to mutual exclusivity in radio buttons is remember this phrase: same name, unique values

Using contact as an example, you might have three radio buttons: one for email, one for text, one for snail mail. All three need to have the same name, i.e., contact. Each button needs too have a different value, i.e., email, text, post.

~Barb

button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thios is helpful. Thank you.

How do you isolote different sections of choices? So I have a section where you select biological sex. M/F. And then another section on the page where you select and Ancestry. So I select either male or female. But when I select an Ancestry option, the Sex choice toggles off. I need to isolate groups of question/options so a choice doesnt affect and selection in a different section. 

I do have the buttons for each named approprietely Biological Sex/Ancestry. But one section still affcts the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same name, unique values is for each question. 

• Biological sex gets one name for all the sex options.
  • Ancestry get a different name for the ancestry options.

~Barb 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines