Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forced break search not highlighted in Adobe World Ready Paragraph Composer

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been working on documents with Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer, recently, and noticed a pattern change. 

With "Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer", a search for forced break doesn't highlight the break position at the border:

1.JPG

However, with Adobe Paragraph Composer, this issue goes away:

2.JPG

I have "Show Hidden Character" enabled but the problem appears only with Adobe World Ready Paragraph Composer.

I shall be grateful if anyone from the community could help me with the issue, and suggest a workaround regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Aman Mittal

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman,

Works fine for me on 15.1.2, see the screengrab below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9z9ygfy38476kd0/screen%20recording%202020-09-07%20at%202.37.03%20pm.mov?dl...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan, 

Thank you for replying to the post. I am using Adobe InDesign v14.0.1. Could have been a bug which was silently fixed. I will try the new version, and update here accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Aman Mittal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

I tried to test the issue in the new version IDv15.1.2 on Windows OS. However, the issue still persists. If I change the composer to "Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer", it searches forced break at the border, however, doesn't highlight them. Any forced break which is at the border of the frame, gets highlighted but, not the ones at the border.

I am unable to understand the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Manan,

I noticed that the snip video you shared works with "Alignment: Left".

1.JPG

The moment you change the alignment to "Left Justify" coupled with Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer, the search will show Forced break but not highlight it.

2.JPG

The issue goes away with "Adobe Paragraph Composer".

3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines