• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting Problem!

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have an existing InDesign document (a book) that I'm trying to edit one sentence in. When I delete even just a letter, the entire formatting of the book shifts. The sentence is literally the last sentence in the book, so the length of the new sentence is not an issue. I need to keep the formatting and just change this one thing - please help, I'm desperate!

Here is how it's supposed to be formatted:

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 9.23.12 PM.png

Here's what it looks like when I delete even the last period:

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 9.23.34 PM.png

Can anyone spot the problem? I even tried editing in story editor and the same thing occurs.

TOPICS
EPUB , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

See that glaringly obvious pink background? You do not have the font that is in use here. That is a real problem -- how can InDesign properly format the text if you don't have the font installed? (The Story editor has nothing to improve on this either.)

Install it and only then try again, but be aware that InDesign is meticulously precise in its text spacing. Even just a tiny edit will make it recalculate the spacing parameters for the entire paragraph (a feature, not a bug!).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See that glaringly obvious pink background? You do not have the font that is in use here. That is a real problem -- how can InDesign properly format the text if you don't have the font installed? (The Story editor has nothing to improve on this either.)

Install it and only then try again, but be aware that InDesign is meticulously precise in its text spacing. Even just a tiny edit will make it recalculate the spacing parameters for the entire paragraph (a feature, not a bug!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines