• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuzzy line and clean line. Difference?

Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Working with Adobe ID 16.2.1 x64 on Windows 10 (recently updated).

In a document, I drew a box enclosing some text using the rectangle tool. As a separate graphic, I drew a vertical line using the line tool between two parts of the text. The graphics do not meet, nor are they supposed to.

two_lines.png

To me, it looks as though the horizontal line (as well as the rest of the box) is "fuzzier" or "grayer" than the vertical line. However, the specs for both lines appear -- to me -- to be the same. The color of both lines is Pantone 447C. Here is the spec for the fuzzy line:

fuzzy_line.png

And the spec for the not-fuzzy (crisp) line:

non_fuzzy_line.png

Color and tint are the same. Line width is the same -- 2 points. I cannot figure out the difference or how to make sure that both the box and the vertical line both have the same "crispness." Is there some difference that I don't understand between how the rectangle tool renders the lines of an unfilled box and how the line tool renders a similar line? This is not the first time I've noticed the difference, but it seems to me to be pronounced.

Any advice on this matter appreciated. Thanks!

-j

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Hi @Nedlaw:

Did you try printing the page, or exporting the page to a PDF? I'm guessing it's just the screen display. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nedlaw:

Did you try printing the page, or exporting the page to a PDF? I'm guessing it's just the screen display. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was indeed the problem. The PDF does not show this difference. (Thanks, tons.) So: there IS a difference between the way the rectangle tool and the line tool renders the line... Just not when they print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Text and line art are anti-aliased for the relatively low resolution display—print is typically 1200 to 2400 dpi vs a screen’s 100 to 300. To check the line quality zoom in to 200% or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that was all it was!

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines