Highlighted

Getting Error code 5 while opening file in InDesign 2015

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having trouble opening a file. It says that the file is damaged and can not be restored (error code 5). I really need this file to open now and I had saved it correctly 10 hours ago. Is it possible to maybe get a earlier saved version of this back or what can I do? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Getting Error code 5 while opening file in InDesign 2015

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having trouble opening a file. It says that the file is damaged and can not be restored (error code 5). I really need this file to open now and I had saved it correctly 10 hours ago. Is it possible to maybe get a earlier saved version of this back or what can I do? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help. I'd recommend installing the latest version of InDesign and try opening the file. I'd request following the steps provided on help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-file-issues.html) and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed the latest version of creative cloud and indesign, but it still
gives the same error code when I try to open it. Do you know how I can
restore this?

Regards,
Sem van de Loo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sem,

Please share your file on the email address: idfile@adobe.com

We'll try our best to recover the document.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0