• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghost Hyperlinks imported from Word

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I remove or edit hyperlinks created in an imported Word document? The hyperlinks don't show up in the Indesign Hyperlinks pane and all options are greyed out for editing or removing. When I try to update the hyperlink a pop-up says "Some hyperlinks couldn't be updated because the documents they point to are not open. Please open the documents or hold down Option/Alt while choosing Update Hyperlinks."

I can see the hyperlink around the text when I look at the text in Story editor but I can't target the hyperlink without deleting the entire text it is attached to. Is there any way to remove or edit these hyperlinks without having to replace/delete all text? Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about opening the Word document and deleting the hyperlinks there, then reimport the Word file?

It may be some Word hyperlink attribute that InDesign isn't capable of handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I can see the hyperlink around the text when I look at the text in Story editor but I can't target the hyperlink without deleting the entire text it is attached to."

Hi Erica,

what you could do: Copy/paste the text to a new document.

When this new document is the active document you could run the following ExtensScript (JavaScript) script:

var doc = app.documents[0];
doc.hyperlinks.everyItem().remove(); // PERHAPS OPTIONAL
doc.hyperlinkTextSources.everyItem().remove();

Here a sample screenshot from my German InDesign 2021 before running the script:

HyperlinkTextSources-Remove-1.PNG

After running the script:

HyperlinkTextSources-Remove-2.PNG

When done copy/paste the formatted text back to the original document.

Optional: Also remove a possibly applied character style from the previous hyperlink text source. Select the text and check the Character Styles panel.

How to save ExtendScript code to a script file, install the script file and run the script from InDesign's Scripts panel, see:

https://www.indiscripts.com/pages/help#hd0sb2

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines