Highlighted

GIF's or VIdeos in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been trying to add a video that plays when a PDF page is open to an in-design document,

however thie video doesn't work when the PDF is exported and opened in Chrome. Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Also is it possible to embed GIF's into in-design documents or do they have to be converted to .mov?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eugene Tyson | Adobe Community Professional

As Bob aludes, everyone is going to use different browsers, and different PDF readers across multiple platforms, PC, Mac, Tablets, Mobile Devices etc.

And these 3rd Party PDF readers won't conform to all modules for PDF - which means advanced features like video playing won't work in some instances, unless opened in Acrobat Reader/Professional.

Best you can do is put a link to download Reader and how to set it as default reader for anyone downloading/opening your PDF the best advice is to use Acrobat Reader or Professional.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GIF's or VIdeos in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have been trying to add a video that plays when a PDF page is open to an in-design document,

however thie video doesn't work when the PDF is exported and opened in Chrome. Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Also is it possible to embed GIF's into in-design documents or do they have to be converted to .mov?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eugene Tyson | Adobe Community Professional

As Bob aludes, everyone is going to use different browsers, and different PDF readers across multiple platforms, PC, Mac, Tablets, Mobile Devices etc.

And these 3rd Party PDF readers won't conform to all modules for PDF - which means advanced features like video playing won't work in some instances, unless opened in Acrobat Reader/Professional.

Best you can do is put a link to download Reader and how to set it as default reader for anyone downloading/opening your PDF the best advice is to use Acrobat Reader or Professional.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this. I wrote it four years ago and the situation is even worse today. In short, don't bother wasting your time with this.

https://www.boblevine.us/its-okay-to-say-no-to-interactive-pdf/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this just had a read of your post, had spent the morning trying to figure out why it wasn't playing & watching youtube vids!! I will look at some alternatives (maybe just a link), thank you 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may just upload the video online and include a link possibly easiest option!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I didn't see this very last post, I was going to say the same thing. I like to keep things KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Having a link from your PDF document to your video online will not really make your readers any angry. They will understand. 

Best Regards,

Agostinho Domingos

Founder, CEO, Director

https://www.ladilsa.com 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0