Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Global relinking

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to relink globally?

We have a book comprised of a dozen different ID docs. The support (links) for all docs have been moved to an internal drive. it is a painstaking process to relink manually in each doc. Is there a more efficient and global way to do this?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you packaging files? are you keeping things in the same folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone into the Links panel menu (at the top right of the panel) and tried Relink to Folder? You'll have to do it for each file, but at least it may help speed things up a bit.

Also keep in mind that if the InDesign file and linked files are in the same folder you don't have to relink when moving files around. If you keep links in a subfolder it's harder to manage. For this reason I keep the InDesign file and all links in the same folder. I name the InDesign file starting with a space or ! to keep it at the top of the list and easy to find.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies. Not sure why I am not receiving notifications.

This is a rebuild of an old projecgt under a completely different job name and number.

It is a catalog with more than 3000 products. The old catalog has been archived onto a storage drive. I am trying to link the new catalog to all the old catalog images, if that makes sense.

I have never used Relink to Folder - not sure what that did - I tried it but it is not the same as relinking image, and then allowing ID to "find" other missing images in that same directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines