• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go-To-Page function stopped working

Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create and sell PDF apps for guidebooks.
I am having problems with my PDF files that I am creating and exporting with InDesign.
The problem I am having is using the Go-To-Page function when using it with the Adobe Acrobat for the android app.
This has always worked for me in the past, until most recently.
I am not sure if it is because of the recent update to the android Acrobat app or not. I am pretty sure this may be the case.
I have submitted the problem in the Adobe Acrobat community support forums as Adobe told me to do. However, it has been weeks, and no one has confirmed, denied or even responded to this issue with is the android Acrobat app.
Meanwhile all the PDF’s that I created and sold in the past using the Go-To-Page function will no longer work with the Acrobat android app.

It works with the Adobe Acrobat desktop version, but it does not work with the Acrobat for android app.

I have attached two screenshots and a Test.pdf.
One screen shot is of one of the pages in a Test.pdf that I attached.
The other screenshot is of how I have always set up the Go-To-Page hyperlink in the past, and it has always worked.

I will refer to the hyperlink for the go to page 3 function.
As you can see, I have highlighted the whole text and created the hyperlink to go to page 3 when someone clicks on the link.
When I export the document as a PDF the hyperlink does not work.

This Go-To-Page function works with other PDF readers for the android.
I have had to tell my customers to stop using the Adobe Acrobat android app and start using one call “Xodo”.
I don’t like telling my customers to do this. I would like my customers to stick with Adobe Apps but if the Go-To-Page function no longer works, I have to do recommend an app that I know works properly.

Does anyone have any insight on this or know why it stopped working?
Most importantly, does anyone know how I can get it working on the Acrobat for android app again?

Thank you

RickGTP-2.jpgGTP-1.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience. I have forwarded this concern to the Acrobat Mobile team and they're looking into it. In the meantime could you please confirm if the same files are working fine on other mobile devices?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The issue has been identified by the team and a bug is logged for this. Please stay tuned for updates and thanks in advance for your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Srishti

Thank you for getting back to me on this.

I am glad they identified the issue. I am hoping they get it fixed soon because I have been telling my customers to use other PDF readrers.

Thank you

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines