Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

google file stream and Indesign issues.

Guru ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work on a mac, and i have 4 co-workers working in windows also working in adobe indesign. Just recently ( past month) is happening more and more that i get the error below when trying to open a file. I have had to keep asking the people working in windows to make a legacy file. And than it all opens.  Should i be concern about this? can, at some point, files not open at all and we all get this error window. What would i need to do if none of us can open the file?

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 1.06.33 PM.png

Also, we are all working from google file stream. one co-worker reports not been able to open indesign files at all. They need to move the entire folder to their local drive  and than they can open them.

Next, when in illustrator, every time i save i get the error below. It saves the file. so the error is just a pop up that has not real effects on anything.

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 2.13.53 PM.png

Last, I have also experience adobe acrobat freezing when opening .pdf files located in google file stream. And at some points i have to quit acrobat since is not responding every time i have to view a .pdf. I have installed and re-installed acrobat 3 times now.

everybody is on CC 2017 indesign.

Thanks

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah. i read these but its happening with illustrator and acrobat also. there is something in the way the adobe products work that is make google stream sync weird.  i would be curious to know if people on adobe after effects or animate are also having weird error windows while working from google stream. its not an isolated issue to just indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i get from acrobat:

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 3.31.24 PM.png

and this is the report:

report.txt - Box

i am having acrobat freeze none stop. i have to quit acrobat before i can open any .pdf. Its all 3 program i use with issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox can do it. Google should be able to figure it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about my question of what if we all get that window and we can't open the file. how would you go about that? sent it to other people and see who can open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are obvious problems with this workflow. I won’t even pretend to know who’s to blame but with all of the evidence in, it’s time to use something else until it’s figured out.

Dropbox and OneDrive both work flawlessly in my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that file stream was syncing fonts in the folder where my indesign file was. We use Font Explorer, so I'm wondering if there is a font conflict issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are experiencing font conflicts on Arial. the editorial team uses suitcase fusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arial and other common fonts usually cause these issues due to being active in your System fonts folders.

Some examples of these issues can be seen and resolved using the articles below:

If you continue to encounter issues, please contact the Extensis Support Team here:

https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI: Illustrator has problems managing files with Google Drive/File Stream too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines