Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU/CPU preview

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed some issues with the new iMac 2020 (27 - 3,8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7 - AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB) and the InDesign preview. The colors look different when using the GPU preview. It's exactly the same problem in Illustrator. The CPU preview looks just perfect in both programs. I tested it with an older iMac model (2018 I think) and the Radeon Pro 570 4 GB. Everything looks fine there (both previews). Any ideas? Maybe I changed some settings I can't recall?

InDesign 15.1.2

Illustrator 24.3

mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Colours are correct using CPU preview, but faded and washed out using GPU preview. CPU preview is massively slower though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you opened the display settings from Photoshop? You might need to make sure it is set correctly. 

In the past, I used a colour calibrator (from Pantone. Not advertising any particular brand, and I make no profit here) to generate a unique profile for my device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Display settings from Photoshop? How would that impact what I see in Indesign? For what it's worth, my colour settings are currently synced through Bridge across all CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines