• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Text PDF Issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Unsure where to reach out for help but I have some documents (~20 spreads on one) where there are headlines that have color gradients applied instead of being solid colors, but when I look at the exported PDF, there's this weird jagged block of the gradient blocking out the area behind the text. Super sorry if this is already answered somewhere but I couldn't find any other similar posts and I'm not sure if it's more of a PDF issue or if it will actually print like that. If anyone has any thoughts, that would be super appreciated! 

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

I forgot to ask: What PDF reader are you viewing the PDF file in: Adobe Reader or Acrobat? Or some third party PDF reader which may be sub-standard in a printing environment (like a web browser)?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. What PDF preset was used to create the PDF file? Can you attach screen captures of the problem, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Indesign 2020 Version 15.0

The preset was a custom one for printing but I'm not sure all of the details. If there's any particular setting you'd like to see, I can check that.

Image of the problem: 

question.PNG

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking about a difference before and after, but you only provided one image. Provide an image of the other (before or after) that is different, and tell us which is which, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here is a picture of the before from designing it on InDesign:

before.PNG

The other photo is the after, when I view the exported PDF. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty bizarre and I can't think of where that could come from. I think you'd have to be willing to post a sample of the file to get feedback on why that happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to ask: What PDF reader are you viewing the PDF file in: Adobe Reader or Acrobat? Or some third party PDF reader which may be sub-standard in a printing environment (like a web browser)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I didn't think of that! I've been opening them in web browsers. When I open it in Adobe Acrobat, it looks correct without the weird block! I guess that means it'll be okay when printing?

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, web browser PDF readers aren't appropriate for print publishing. It should print exactly as you see it on screen. If that works for you, please make my answer as correct to help other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines