• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic Disappears When Moved Over Text

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just migrated from CS4 to CC.  I'm working in InDesign.  I have a template for a newsletter created in CS4.  I placed an article in it.  I placed a graphic beside it, and I put the text wrap around the graphic as I have always done before.  But when I move the graphic over the text, it just disappears.

I can see a circle with a shaded circle in it to the right.  I don't know whether that has anything to do with it or not.  

What do I need to do to get my text wrapped graphic into my text?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Hi @wpbpatfl:

The Content Grabber was introduced in CS5—so it sounds like it is new to you. It looks like a doughnut in the middle of an image frame, and if you grab it and move it, you will move the image and not the image/frame combo. It is a great shortcut to adjust the image within a frame—though I think you dragged the image out of the frame—without having to switch to the Direct Selection tool.

Try this:

1. Select the frame, and choose Object > Fitting > Fill Frame Proportionally or Fit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @wpbpatfl:

The Content Grabber was introduced in CS5—so it sounds like it is new to you. It looks like a doughnut in the middle of an image frame, and if you grab it and move it, you will move the image and not the image/frame combo. It is a great shortcut to adjust the image within a frame—though I think you dragged the image out of the frame—without having to switch to the Direct Selection tool.

Try this:

1. Select the frame, and choose Object > Fitting > Fill Frame Proportionally or Fit Content Proportionally (whichever looks better) to restore the image so that it is visible in the frame. 
  2. Now drag the frame/image combo (place your mouse between the frame edges and the doughnut—not on the doughnut) to move both to the new location. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Barb.  You solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! You can disable the content grabber, a.k.a. doughnut, in the view menu, but I think it's a pretty handy feature, so you might end up using it, now that you know what it does.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines