• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GREP for applying character style to final sentence

Engaged ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm looking for a GREP that will change the text immediately after specific words (or a specific character style) into a new character style.

In my example below 'Specifications:' is already a character style (bold italics). I'd simply like the sentence that follows it to be in the a different character style (italics). 

Although the word 'Specifications:' might differ the format will always be the same, so it will always be the final sentence (or line of text beginning with a capital and ending in a full stop) immediately after the bold italic word that I would like in italics.

Harcia vitio eum ipsum facculla ium, nobitatatur sitam eictetus eatus, siminvellit la is dipsandis. Specifications: Ut reperibus, sum et officii ssitestia simpore pereptaque nobisqui officid.

Many thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find:  ":\h\K.+?\r"

Change: "Character Style"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... not having much joy with that one, is it a find/change query or a GREP I can insert into the style? I tried it both ways without success...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simplistically:

(\b(Pizzas?|Hamburgers?|Cakes?):\h)(.(?!(?1)))+\.$

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines