Highlighted

GREP for finding a space before a capital letter

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! Very new to using GREP in Indesign so will appreciate all the help I can get.

I'm looking for a GREP code that helps me find all of the spaces BEFORE a capital letter (this is to quickly format an Index Page, where all of the scientific names begin with a capital letter and need a forced return instead of a white space.

E.g.

Anadara trapezia Ancillista velesiana angasi Ostrea angasi Philine

GREP that turns all of the spaces before the words with the capital letters into a line break so that it looks like:

Anadara trapezia

Ancillista velesiana angasi

Ostrea angasi

Philine

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

GREP for finding a space before a capital letter

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! Very new to using GREP in Indesign so will appreciate all the help I can get.

I'm looking for a GREP code that helps me find all of the spaces BEFORE a capital letter (this is to quickly format an Index Page, where all of the scientific names begin with a capital letter and need a forced return instead of a white space.

E.g.

Anadara trapezia Ancillista velesiana angasi Ostrea angasi Philine

GREP that turns all of the spaces before the words with the capital letters into a line break so that it looks like:

Anadara trapezia

Ancillista velesiana angasi

Ostrea angasi

Philine

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this grep

find:

( )(\u)

change to:

\r$2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following

Find What

\s([A-Z])

Change To

\n$1

-Manan 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0