• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey boxes in place of images

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a template from Indesign via my university which we have to use for an assignment. However, where the images were on the original docuemtn, they are showing as grey boxes in my document. I cant delete. I dont need the image there, infact I need it somewhere else. Does anyone know how to delete this grey box? 

Thanks.

Marianne

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Here's a guess: The gray boxes may be placeholders for graphics which are placed on a master page.  It sounds like you may be new to InDesign and be unfamiliar with that concept. Objects on master pages are normally locked on pages which use a particular master page. Try holding down Ctrl + Shift (Windows) or Command + Shift (Mac) and click on the gray box. That would unlock the object so it could be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a guess: The gray boxes may be placeholders for graphics which are placed on a master page.  It sounds like you may be new to InDesign and be unfamiliar with that concept. Objects on master pages are normally locked on pages which use a particular master page. Try holding down Ctrl + Shift (Windows) or Command + Shift (Mac) and click on the gray box. That would unlock the object so it could be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines