• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand Tool and Shift button not working in InDesign 2020

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After multiple restarts and shutdowns, the Spacebar will not operate as a shortcut for the Hand Tool and holding down the Shift button has no effect on movements, as it should keep 45 degree increments. How can I fix this ASAP? Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please confirm the operating system and exact version of InDesign you are working on? When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

You may also try resetting InDesign preferences. Unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and share your observations with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please confirm the operating system and exact version of InDesign you are working on? When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

You may also try resetting InDesign preferences. Unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and share your observations with us:

For Windows

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Locations :
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe.
  • Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old
  • Launch InDesign from CC.

For MAC

• Close all adobe applications
  • Go to Locations:
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old
  • Launch InDesign from the CC

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know if this helps resolving the issue or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love some further guidance here. 

I re-installed the CC app to my Big Sur 11.2.3 system, went through the steps advised above and it is still not working. 

Help! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! Try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the InDesign. 

If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: 

• Go to Terminal (Go Utilities Terminal.app) 
  • Execute the following command on terminal to provide permission: 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support 

If nothing helps, then we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way.  

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem for me has to do with Microsoft Word or Excel. If I am noticing the problem, and quit Word, it is fixed, but I can relaunch Word and the problem does not return, so more investigation is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue without any MS applications open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines