• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand tool zooms out in indesign

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm missing something, or just don't know about it (which is probably the case...), but when I use space bar to bring up the hand tool in Indesign 2020 (while the selection pointer is selected), the page zooms out--with a red outline square, instead of just moving the page around. I have to wait until the zoom is done, then it moves around fine.
Using CC2020, Windows 10. 

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it behaves that way if you hold the spacebar a bit too long. It is a feature called Power Zoom. The red box is draggable.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be turned off?

Andrea
[This is a public forum. Personal contact infromation was removed by the moderator for your protection.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, it's a funtion of holding the mouse button down too long, whether you access the Hand tool with the Spacebar, or by tapping H, or choosing the tool from the Toolbar.

If you press the mouse button down and move the mouse immediately, you will pan. If you press the mouse button down and count to 2, the page zooms out, the red box appears, you can pan and then will zoom back in when you release the mouse button. 

~Barb 

hand.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be turned off?

No, it's just a matter of figuring out the timing.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, let us know. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines