Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Handling HTML tables

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I'm working with several InDesign files with the goal of exporting them to HTML. Our developer has pointed to me that the HTML for the tables includes things that we do not need and could affect the results on what the users will see. Does anyone know how would I take an exported table like the below and turn it into a "vanilla table" as the one found here: https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/tryit.asp?filename=trybs_table_basic&stacked=h 

Here is the untouched InDesign Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.55.56 AM.pngresult:

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.55.56 AM.png

Thank you all in advance.

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

I would imagine (expect)? your developer has classes to properly display tables in their CSS? If so, then just do a find/replace to change the class names to whatever matches the CSS. If not, a regular expression find/replace on the exported html is probably your best bet. Same for the <p> tags. Someone who deals more in html export might have better ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would imagine (expect)? your developer has classes to properly display tables in their CSS? If so, then just do a find/replace to change the class names to whatever matches the CSS. If not, a regular expression find/replace on the exported html is probably your best bet. Same for the <p> tags. Someone who deals more in html export might have better ideas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, @brianp311. I wasn't familiar with regular expressions, after reading your reply and some research,  I was able to clean up the HTML using regular expressions on DreamWeaver.

Let's see if any other suggestions come along. I can't find a lot of documentation on HTML exporting and tags...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines