• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having a "master" Indesign file and linking to other indesign files??

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community, I have a question out of curiosity. Let me create a scenario to better describe my question; I have 10 volumes of book and I like to create each volume with its own Indesign file. I created volume one that includes pages like, opening, content, about, credits, etc. I am proceeding to create file for the next volume and there is pages in every volumes that has shared contents (exact same contents), so to speed things up I would like to copy those pages from volume one to every other volumes AND to take a step further (here's my question), is there any way that I can use volume one as a "master"? where those shared pages are somehow linked to the master file (volume one) and for instances where I would like to edit some of those shared pages I can just edit it in volume one and it will be applied to every other volumes.

If there's no such thing do suggest what are some method(s) that you would use to speed things up for situation like this? (make one change and everything changes togather, instead of going in and changing things one by one in every separated Indesign files) 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Here is a link to a related discussion that describes four methods to use a master InDesign file with other InDesign files:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/link-page-content-to-a-master-document/m-p/11406798?page=1#M394679

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a related discussion that describes four methods to use a master InDesign file with other InDesign files:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/link-page-content-to-a-master-document/m-p/11406798?page=1#M...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Luke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines