• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issues with Buttons in InDesign interactive PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm creative an interactive poster where I ahve an info icon buuton which will open a pop-up window with more infomration. 

FRom 63 buutons, 50 are finally working, but the last 13 are not. The info button is in the PDF, but when I click nothing pops-up.

an someone tell me why or suport me with this.

Thanks

Characteristics of the "info" icon button:

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.19.37.png

Characteristics of the pop-up window:

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.19.46.png

I'm working with layers:

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.21.27.png

 Works fine here:

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.22.38.png

  Does not work at all in these last 2 columns:

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.22.53.png

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm creating an interactive poster where I have an "info" icon button which will open a pop-up window with more information. 

From 63 buutons, 50 are finally working, but the last 13 are not. The "info" button is in the PDF, but when I click nothing pops-up.

Could someone, please, tell me why or helpe me out here. 🙂

Thanks and sorry about the writing on the original message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you duplicate a popup that does work and just swap out the text?

i often have issues like this with indesign. inconsisten performace. i also make things into objects to clear them out and set up the popup again one at the time till it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jonathan for your support. No, it doenst work after trying what you suggested, but I will give it a try again with not with the info" button instead of the pop-up boxs.

I will keep you updated on the results 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just tried it and it doesnt work 😞 I really don't understand why it doenst work.

Is there a limit for buttons or something when it open on the Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the EPUB preview most all of the buttons work, only the 5 do not. However, when opening the Interactive PDF 13 buttons don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't test a PDF with the EPUB preview panel. They are totally different.

As for the buttons not working, without totally examining the files, it's impossible to tell what's going on. What I can tell you is that I would never personally take on a PDF project like this. With that many buttons it's bound to be wonky.

If you wanted to do it as an EPUB, you could accomplish this with a multi state object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob!

Thanks for your message.

My sales colleagues want to be able to use a PDF with a client where they can click on each topic ("info" button) and have a definition of it (pop-up box).

I tried to tell them that this is not the best way or tool. 

The EPUB made in indeisgn when saved as a PDF looses the interative buttons? Is it possile to create it as a EPUB and then keep the buttons functioning if saved/exported as an intercative PDF? (I don't think so, but wanted to ask anyway)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some features overlap...some don't. If this is for sales material, what devices are the sales people using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrote you on a PM. Thanks for the support 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep the discussion here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Derek.

It is the first time I'm actually using all this features like this and maybe the last time I use with this extent 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have found the limits of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines