• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with the text- upper and lowercase letters alternating.

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I'm having trouble with InDesign, where when I type in, the upper and lowercase letters are alternating making something like "HhHhHh HeLlO...". I've been trying to fix this for hours. I can fix this problem by selecting the whole text and changing the casing and selecting "Sentence Case" or "Title Case", but it only fixes the texts that I selected. When I start a new text, the problem is still there. 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Is there posibly a paragraph style that includes Sentence Caase or Title Case?

If not, try resetting preferences or rebuilding the cache file for InDesign and that may fix it. 

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there posibly a paragraph style that includes Sentence Caase or Title Case?

If not, try resetting preferences or rebuilding the cache file for InDesign and that may fix it. 

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share one your indesign file (one page) with this issue with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jack,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does it happen with a specific file? What happens when you create a new document?

Barbara is absolutely correct with resetting preferences. It should help.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
If you still find issues, please share version of OS & InDesign. Also, please share some sample files as Vladan asked earlier.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines