Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hebrew in InDesign

Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a client who needs the same book in both Hebrew and English. To layout, the book in Hebrew, always need to install InDesign middle-eastern language. Is there any way, I can install InDesign with Hebrew retaining the English version?

This is really killing my time doing this install and uninstall each time I work on his project.

Thanks and Regards

Eswari

TOPICS
How to , Scripting , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

>> it's not giving language selection at that time

Interface of Hebrew version is English. 

>> I am not comfortable viewing multiple options for typesetting

Don't be so nervous 🙂 If you will use it styles then you're need to open this options only for set style options. Think that your InDesign now is more cool because have it now right-to-left text features. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which operating system are you running on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you use this feature of windows 10 to install another version of InDesign - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-kernel-internals/windows-sandbox/ba-p/301849

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can work in the ME version for both English and Hebrew. 

I had the same concern, you used to be able to install both, but for some reason it's changed to only allow 1 version. 

But you can just use the ME version as usual for the English version. 

Only other option I can think of is to install an earlier version of InDesign for either the ME or the English version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get that idea of installing another adobe version for ME. But, it's not giving language selection at that time. I had to override my existing installation and revert back as I am not comfortable viewing multiple options for typesetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>> it's not giving language selection at that time

Interface of Hebrew version is English. 

>> I am not comfortable viewing multiple options for typesetting

Don't be so nervous 🙂 If you will use it styles then you're need to open this options only for set style options. Think that your InDesign now is more cool because have it now right-to-left text features. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines