Highlighted

hello

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like to know if any body can help me make a 1/4 newspaper ad in indesign i jus need help on how to set up the document thanks so much its for school im stumped

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

Though i don't have too much insight into designing, but looking at your question it seems you are stuck at how to start about it. I hope going through the following link will give you some input on how to start

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/new-document-in-indesign.html

This will help you create a new document and setup the margins etc. Once that is done(you will have to use the size that corresponds to your newspaper ad as the document size), you can start designing your ad using the tools available within InDesign

-Manan

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

hello

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like to know if any body can help me make a 1/4 newspaper ad in indesign i jus need help on how to set up the document thanks so much its for school im stumped

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Manan Joshi | Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

Though i don't have too much insight into designing, but looking at your question it seems you are stuck at how to start about it. I hope going through the following link will give you some input on how to start

This will help you create a new document and setup the margins etc. Once that is done(you will have to use the size that corresponds to your newspaper ad as the document size), you can start designing your ad using the tools available within InDesign

-Manan

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to know the size (in inches or mm) the dimensions (depth x width) of the advertisment – so ask the editor or other suitable person. Also you need to know whether it's to be printed in colour (CMYK) or black only.

Presumably you have in hand the copy (the text) and any photograph(s), logo or other image you want to include.

Set up the advert as a single page in InDesign to the dimensions you've been given (no bleeds), add the text and images and output the result as a PDF for Print and pass it to the printer or other contact.

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0