• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! I can't open a series of Indesign files and PDFs

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently i tranferred my work into an external disk in order to lighten the memory of my computer. I don't know why but when I had to use the external disk again, my files disappeard and were impossible to find. Today i was able to recover my files but some PDFs and Indesign files cannot be opened, because they are either damaged or "Adobe InDesign may not support the file format, a plug-in that supports the file format may be missing, or the file may be open in another application."

Is there a way to recover my PDF and Indesign files?

Please HELP ME

Thank you for yor time

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error often appears because you are trying to open a document created in a later version of InDesign in an earlier version of InDesign. 

What version were the files created in? What version are you trying to open them in? On that note, what operating system (exactly) are you using?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbinder, thank you for yor reply,

The files i stored were created in Adobe Indesign CC 2019, the same version i Have now.

My operating system is Windows 10 PRO for workstations, Version 1903

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign cannot open PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which app do you try to open PDFs with? Did you try to import (Place) them istead of opening?

Damaged ID files are incurable, as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines