• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help! missing toolbar!

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am sure other people have posted on this and that the answer is right in front of me, but I've looked through the forum and haven't found a solution to my specific problem. I've opened up InDesign CS5 and the toolbar that typically sits on the left of my screen is gone. This is the toolbar with the draw text box option, etc. As far as I know I haven't changed any of my settings. I've pressed tab to see if anything pops up to no avail. My screen resolution is as high as it goes. I am an InDesign novice and use it for pretty basic purposes.

Any idea where this toolbar might be?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

OK, that means there's a potentially fixable problem with the old one. Try switching back and resetting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow

Where did you find "Windows workspace/essentials"??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2018 and you helped me NOW with this answer. You saved me tons of time and frustration trying to locate the solution. THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this. Solved my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Where do I wind "Windows workspaces"?? Cannot find it.

pls help

Mohga

MohgaKY@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Application frame worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved it for me, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am missing the option for many of my tools. Tool panel is visible, but don't have the options like to make a circle, or use scissors. I have cs 5.5 and won't have the option to reset the workspace under essentials. I was working the file then suddenly the options were gone. I have worked for over years in cs 5.5 and never had this program. See scree shot to better explain why I can't simply re-set. Ugh

two days I tried figuring this out.

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 4.32.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window tab at the top.  Scroll down until you see Tools, three from the bottom.  Click on it.  You will see the bar appear.  Click on the >> to make it wider.  You should see it double width.  Now take your curser and put it into the area at the top to the left of the >> and X. Click and hold.  Move it to the left and you should see the blue bar appear.  Release.  If you have 2 columns and don't want them, look to the top and click on the >>.  You should have only one column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines