Highlighted

Help please! Having difficulty with a fillable file in indesign.

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have a fillable document on Indesign - it is a questionnaire designed for a client who wants to send this file to his clients to fill and submit. 

I have all the sections ready - but the submit button for some reason is not working. 

I have tried several things but it just wont work.

It is converted to a button from the interactive section - got its rollover colour and normal colour as well. 

And i chose the submit form on the actions section and assigned it to mailto:myemail address. 

Than saving it with export interactive pdf - yet the submit button on the form wont work. 

What am i missing here? Can someone please help?

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 10.17.47 pm.png

Cheers, 

Tane

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help please! Having difficulty with a fillable file in indesign.

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I have a fillable document on Indesign - it is a questionnaire designed for a client who wants to send this file to his clients to fill and submit. 

I have all the sections ready - but the submit button for some reason is not working. 

I have tried several things but it just wont work.

It is converted to a button from the interactive section - got its rollover colour and normal colour as well. 

And i chose the submit form on the actions section and assigned it to mailto:myemail address. 

Than saving it with export interactive pdf - yet the submit button on the form wont work. 

What am i missing here? Can someone please help?

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 10.17.47 pm.png

Cheers, 

Tane

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to do this? It should work in Acrobat or Reader, everything else is a total crapshoot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons   like On Click, On Roll Over, etc.  Multi-state object (MSOO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0