Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Text reversed when exporting!

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My formats in InDesign were all in Arabic. I'm now trying to export a document in English, so I went in search of all these presets I could change to English. Alas, when I export the document, the pages are in the right order (they weren't before, but I was able to fix that) but the text is still written from right to left!

I really went through everything, I don't get what I'm still missing.

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabrielle,

it's the wrong paragraph direction. Still RTL. You can see this if you inspect the wrong position of the dots at the end of the sentences. Change it to LTR or, even better, do not use one of the two the Adobe World-Ready Composers. instead use the Adobe Paragraph Composer or the Adobe Single-line Composer.

Also possible, that story direction is also wrong: RTL instead of LTR.

And perhaps also the table direction, RTL instead of LTR.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Uwe,

Thanks so much for your answer. 

Sadly, none of these options work. I checked the table, character, paragraph and story direction, and everything is set to LTR. I also tried both Adobe Paragraph Composer or the Adobe Single-line Composer and nothing changed. 

My mind is boggled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines