Highlighted

Help with custom mapping styles within Indesign suddenly not working

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a document set up where I used the content collector tool and content placer tool to link some paragrahps of text. On one page the text was 14pt and on the other page needed to be 18pt. I mapped the styles and all worked fine. I am now adding in another page and went through the same process adding in a paragraph that needs to have 20pt text. When I create the mapped style for this size and place in the paragraph it automatically goes back to the 18pt text size. I have tried on different files, using different paragraph style names, creating a new paragraph style instead of duplicating the other one and changing attributes but the same thing keeps happening. I would really appreciate some help or advice.

Many thanks.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with custom mapping styles within Indesign suddenly not working

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a document set up where I used the content collector tool and content placer tool to link some paragrahps of text. On one page the text was 14pt and on the other page needed to be 18pt. I mapped the styles and all worked fine. I am now adding in another page and went through the same process adding in a paragraph that needs to have 20pt text. When I create the mapped style for this size and place in the paragraph it automatically goes back to the 18pt text size. I have tried on different files, using different paragraph style names, creating a new paragraph style instead of duplicating the other one and changing attributes but the same thing keeps happening. I would really appreciate some help or advice.

Many thanks.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't accidentally have a character style applied on top of that paragraph style do you? If so, the character style would tend to countermand what the paragraph style is trying to do.

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines