• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with deleting all characters before a given word in a line?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Beginner here) I'm working on an answer key for an (unofficial) ACT Solutions Manual, and I'm working with text from a placed Word document. This answer key is compiled of lines that begin with manually inserted bulleted numbers before a given answer letter. Example:

1. Answer: B

2. Answer: C

However, this lack of systematic formatting me no way to edit or reformat all of the bullets as one style. So, I created a paragraph style and applied bulleted numbers as part of the formatting for each "Answer" line. The problem is, the previously inputted numbers remain. So it looks like this:

1.  1. Answer: B

2.  2. Answer: C

Is there any way through which I can identify and delete those manually inputted digits so that I am left with just the formatted bullets? There is a math section among the parts of this answer key so it wouldn't work to delete all digits. I figured there would be some method by which I find and delete all characters before "Answer:", but could not find a way to do this. I am new and not familiar with GERP codes, so any help is appreciated! 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Try the following, Find Grep dialog

Find What

^(\d+\.\s+)(?=Answer:)

Change to remains blank and you can then find/change or change all

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following, Find Grep dialog

Find What

^(\d+\.\s+)(?=Answer:)

Change to remains blank and you can then find/change or change all

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines