• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with formatting paragraphs correctly.

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I would like to make the first word of each paragraph/text box justified, see picture:

See HighlightedSee Highlighted

Any idea on how I manually format this, or even automate it as a paragraph style perhaps?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Build a new paragraph style or else edit the existing paragraph style. Under indents and spacing, set the first line indent to a negative number of the left indent. I often set the left indent to, for example, 1p6. I then set the first line indent to -1p6. And it looks like you also set the paragraph alignment to Justified.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help Mike! Will try it now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that will work based on the OP's description because each word will be a different size. I'm almost leaning towards the indent to here character but then I'm also wondering if that is what they really want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dunno Chad.  I didn't read that the same way you did!

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines