Highlighted

Help with huge catalog

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have been tasked with creating a 400+ page catalog. I am just starting to set the document up, and am wondering if there is a way to save it in sections or chunks, so I don't have to open up a 400+ page document every time. 

Additionally, having an index will be very important, can you link the sectioned documents into one index?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

It sounds to me like you need some traiining. You can break a long document into books. You can create tables of contents and indexes across books. 

My suggestion is that you go to LinkedIn Learning and using a 30-day free trial go through Mike Rankin's video, "Creating Long Documents"

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-creating-long-documents/understanding-long-document-workflows

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with huge catalog

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have been tasked with creating a 400+ page catalog. I am just starting to set the document up, and am wondering if there is a way to save it in sections or chunks, so I don't have to open up a 400+ page document every time. 

Additionally, having an index will be very important, can you link the sectioned documents into one index?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

It sounds to me like you need some traiining. You can break a long document into books. You can create tables of contents and indexes across books. 

My suggestion is that you go to LinkedIn Learning and using a 30-day free trial go through Mike Rankin's video, "Creating Long Documents"

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-creating-long-documents/understanding-long-document-workflows

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-creating-long-documents/understanding-long-document-workf...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines