Highlighted

Help with IDD

New Here ,
May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a file from a client that when i try to open gives me this message : " it has been created in a newer version - Adobe IDD CC 2017. Can anybody help me or point where to get help ? Pleaaaase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with IDD

New Here ,
May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a file from a client that when i try to open gives me this message : " it has been created in a newer version - Adobe IDD CC 2017. Can anybody help me or point where to get help ? Pleaaaase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Engaged ,
May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what InDesign version do you use?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
amaarora LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I assume you use a version of InDesign prior to CC 2017.

When you open a file created with InDesign CC 2017 in your InDesign version (CS6, or InDesign CC, CC 2014, or CC 2015) then you should see this warning message telling you that the file needs to be converted to your application version and that it was created with a newer version!

It also warns that features in the newer version may be modified or omitted. All you have to do is click the Convert button, and the Creative Cloud will convert it. Do ensure you are logged on to the Creative Cloud!.

If this does not work, try...

1. Closing inDesign

2. Log out from Creative Cloud

3. Restart machine/laptop

4. Log in InDesign

5. Launch Creative Cloud and sign in

6. Open the file with which you saw the error message!.

Hope things work fine then.

-Aman

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines