Help with jagged edges in Indesign

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the photos that I put into InDesign automatically get jagged edges, even without me rotating the photo. In Photoshop, the image is perfect but when I transfer it, I get the inconsistencies. I turned up my display performance to high and even tried printing it (with all of the data) and it still shows up. 

I have included photos of the issue.

Is there a setting I need to change to fix this?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote an article here

https://creativepro.com/high-res-image-look-low-res/#:~:text=By%20default%2C%20InDesign%20is%20set,a....

Check the Effective PPI vs the Actual PPI

ensure your images are linked correctly (File>Place and no warnings in the Links panel)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop, the image is perfect but when I transfer it, I get the inconsistencies.

InDesign creates a lower res proxy image for the preview of placed files—the original linked file is then used for PDF export or print—so you would never see the original’s exact pixels. Also, your capture shows the page zoomed in to 600% —InDesign’s zoom scaling is relative to the print output, so you are viewing at 6x the print size. At that magnification I would expect to see pixels even with a 300ppi Effective Resolution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines