Highlighted

Help with master pages acting funny.

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I made a 7 page master and tried applying it, but when I do, it only applies 2 of the master pages to my spread (which is a 2 page spread). 
I wanted the 7 page master to be applied to pages 3-9 for example, but it only applies the first two pages of the master to pages 3-9 (repeating)

I added my master page file so you can see yourself and hopefully I can figure out why these spreads are acting strange! Thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eugene_Tyson | Adobe Community Professional

You've made a 7 page spread of master pages - that's not the way you do it. 

Your document is setup as 2 pages. So all your master pages should also be 2 pages across - not 7.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/master-pages.html

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with master pages acting funny.

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I made a 7 page master and tried applying it, but when I do, it only applies 2 of the master pages to my spread (which is a 2 page spread). 
I wanted the 7 page master to be applied to pages 3-9 for example, but it only applies the first two pages of the master to pages 3-9 (repeating)

I added my master page file so you can see yourself and hopefully I can figure out why these spreads are acting strange! Thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Eugene_Tyson | Adobe Community Professional

Your document is setup as 2 pages. So all your master pages should also be 2 pages across - not 7.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Master pages can be a single page or facing pages. If you designed a facing page master spread then the left master will be applied to left hand pages and the right master will be applied to right hand pages. I've never heard of designing more than two pages in a master spread, but it seems like a waste of time unless you design more than two page spreads. If you want to apply a different maste page to other spreads you need to create a different master page.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines