• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Missing Fonts

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with installing "missing fonts" - The file I am trying to access was created on a Mac and was packaged for use on a PC. When opening the INDD file, a prompt alerts you to missing fonts. However, we using the packaged document fonts, the PC is telling me the fonts can not be opened and they are an unsupported file type. Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Correct. You cannot package a Typekit font but that is irrelevant for anyone else with a Creative Cloud account. The fonts should show as missing and find fonts should show as being available via Typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have old PostScript Type 1 Mac fonts which are not a format that is supported for Windows. Or they could be a Mac-only TrueType format called "dfonts" (some of the Mac system fonts, for example).

Modern fonts (OpenType and most TrueType fonts) would be recognized cross-platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could replace it with the a similar typeface. what is the font name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URWGROTBol, .... bold, light, medium and regular. The are listed as a "file" instead of the OpenType fonts I normally receive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that font should load with typekit:

URW Grotesk | Typekit

are you on the adobe cloud? is this the first time you load that font? are you using a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see it for purchase. In the past when files have been packaged and sent to me, I've been able to access the fonts without purchasing. Is there a reason this font family is different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure you can give typekit fonts to others via packaging. i think the other person has to have typekit to load them. Otherwise adobe would be giving away the fonts for free since i with a cloud subscription could give the fonts to others for free. Maybe in the past the designer was using none typekit fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. You cannot package a Typekit font but that is irrelevant for anyone else with a Creative Cloud account. The fonts should show as missing and find fonts should show as being available via Typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Bob said you need a creative cloud account. make a free one and download the download manager. sign in and it should all load automatically.

here:

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sir I need help with illustrator I have installed bebas neue fonts on my pc but when i open the file that which has that text written with bebas it doesnt shows up it shows blank area where the text is written in that bebas font pls help as fast as possible 2021-05-31_08-01-57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't believe he can package that font and give it to others if the designer is working from typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines