Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Script to enter text in popup box

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:
I have a manual process of entering the lottery winning numbers each day, but it would be great if there was a script that would allow me to pick or enter different fields to make the process a little easier.
I've written several scripts before, with the help of the Scripting Community here, but I don't know even where or how to start something like this.

I appreciate any help or guidance anyone can offer.
Here is the before and after screen shots if that helps at all.
Thanks, Larry

larryp22136904_0-1587686057800.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

I used to newspaper, too :). I would take a look at the raw text you can copy from whatever source you are getting the info from, then write a script that translates that into the format you need. Probably easier than doing it through a dialog box. If you want to build your own dialog box, though, then definitely check out this tool: https://scriptui.joonas.me/

It lets you build the dialog box you need, then it will spit out code. From there, it would be a matter of matching the dialog inputs to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to newspaper, too :). I would take a look at the raw text you can copy from whatever source you are getting the info from, then write a script that translates that into the format you need. Probably easier than doing it through a dialog box. If you want to build your own dialog box, though, then definitely check out this tool: https://scriptui.joonas.me/

It lets you build the dialog box you need, then it will spit out code. From there, it would be a matter of matching the dialog inputs to your text frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: brianp311

Here is a link from the site that we use.  We have to enter the days of the week, month manually.

And then manully key-in the numbers from that day's lotto.

It's a manual process from start to finish....
I appreicate any help you can offer.

https://www.galottery.com/en-us/winning-numbers.html

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Below is the raw data from the Print menu for today's lotto. Translating that into your frames is doable via scripting, but it's not trivial. Another solution would be to set up an object linked to an Excel/CSV file that you could then just update. Might be an easier approach but more work to get the data lined up, in which case it might make sense to just continue to do by hand. If you'd like to discuss a custom solution for a nominal fee, feel free to PM. 

Cash 3 Date Draw Winning Numbers Winners Total payout 04/27/2020 Midday 0 6 9 1,493 $129,506 Cash 4 Date Draw Winning Numbers Winners Total payout 04/27/2020 Midday 6 0 1 5 466 $101,306 Georgia Five Date Draw Winning Numbers Winners Total payout 04/27/2020 Midday 5 2 7 2 6 1,732 $3,150 Cash Pop Date Draw Winning Numbers Winners Total payout 04/27/20 Matinee 5 854 $17,944 04/27/20 Early bird 8 508 $9,637

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are zillions way to tackle this. Which kind of data is your input? Excel, CSV, XML, JSON, Copy-Paste? 

Knowing this will give a strong indication on the solution. Scripting is one of them but not necessarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: Loic Aigon:

We have to copy/paste from a website, and enter the days of the week, month manually.
I appreciate any help you can offer.
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines